Trying too Hard, A Lesson Learned  

Posted by Randy R

I'm just wondering, am I trying too hard for my games? Am I pushing the storyline too deep and not pushing the encounters - skill and battle encounters - to that exact level of assumed excitement?

Was the complication last session due to the multiple parts of the storyline?

  • The Midnight Slasher is actually a woman.
  • The Ghost of Graefmotte somehow related to the Lord?
  • Why is there a bridge leading to the rotten part of town if there are gnolls there?

Am I not following the rules of KISS, Keep It Simple, Stupid? Or the nice version, "Keep It Short and Simple." Maybe I did try too hard, even for a Ravenloft campaign. Another lesson learned,

Keep it Intriguing yet Simple.

This entry was posted on Monday, October 26, 2009 at Monday, October 26, 2009 . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

0 comments

Post a Comment