Condition Tokens  

Posted by Randy R

This has been always been bothering me. Will all the status ailments being thrown around the adventuring party and villains, its hard to keep up with what's happening to who. Here are some solutions:

1. Buy plastic tokens and write/mark them with status ailments. This allows it to be stacked atop of the characters.

2. I write the status on flash cards and give them to the players.

3. Or write the status on small post it and stick to the player. For monsters, I can write it down on my notes.

Now to analyze this, it breaks down to longevity, carrying capacity, flexibility and impact on the planet. FYI, I'm just doing this recycling thing for its the common trend people are doing, I'm waiting for it to phase out like Ugs, Crocs, etc.

Longevity: The tokens will last longer and they are already prepared for the game. For the post-its and flash cards, I would have to write it down all the time. WINNER: tokens are reusable.

Carrying Capacity: Due to the numerous status ailments, tokens for each specific one has to be made therefore I would have to carry x-amount to satisfy the game. For post-it and flash cards, that's just it, quick and easy. WINNER: Post-it/flash cards.

Flexibility: Tokens take a while to fish out, I would have to store the tokens in a carrying case, fish the right token out and place it on the miniatures. Post-it and flash cards, easy as pie. WINNER: Post-it/flash cards.

Impact on the Planet: Post-it and flash cards are bad, it includes to the waste. Tokens are reusable so the winner is clearly tokens.

Hmm, its a tie and quite conflicted. Maybe I should use my initiative board more and write the status ailments and the only waste is markers.

This entry was posted on Wednesday, October 28, 2009 at Wednesday, October 28, 2009 . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

0 comments

Post a Comment